Saturday, December 31, 2011

Courage...

Courage originally meant to speak one's mind by telling all one's heart.

~Brene Brown


Looking Through God's Eyes

            I have never been one to make New Year’s Resolutions because the few I have made…losing weight, exercising more, eating healthier… were soon abandoned and forgotten for old habits and familiar vices.  Nor do I plan on changing my mind at this point in my life, but I have had a reoccurring thought pattern emerge and stay with me lately and this thought has to do with courage.  I have found myself seeking out and taking note of friends, family and strangers who are actively engaged in acts of courage…the type of courage that comes from the original meaning of ‘speaking one’s mind by telling all one’s heart.’   These people are artists - writers, poets, musicians, songwriters, singers, painters, metalsmiths, potters, and photographers.  I am blessed to be surrounded by these people who speak their mind and tell their hearts through a variety of mediums and, then, take that very brave and courageous step of sharing their art with the world and all that must entail. 
             I want to be courageous like this.  I want to speak my mind and tell all of my heart.  I thank you for your patience and gentleness with my baby steps. 
So, from my heart to yours…I wish you... Happy New Year, Courage and, above all,  Peace.

6 comments:

Hippie Chick said...

Dedicated to... Caroline Zimmer, Aaron Paul Zimmer, Justine Zimmer,Paul Zimmer, Whitnie Thompson, Ernie Palmer, Gale Palmer, Mary Elizabeth Palmer, David Hightower, Amy Jackson, Randall Hartman, .... Noneal Johnson Archer Davenport (with much love)... and those who live their lives with an artistic authenticity...Suzanne Zimmer, Martha-Jane Archer, Will Archer, and Elizabeth Rose Brookshire. You are all my heroes.

Hippie Chick said...

This is an ongoing list...I am surrounded by artists...Elaine Bramlett Sloan and Cindy Harter Sims! I'm sure this dedication list will continue to grow! Thank you to all of you!

Hippie Chick said...

Here we go again...Heath Rogers, Angee Knight McKee, Samuel Holladay, Robert Sims, Rick McKee, Michele Rodgers, and Susan Ulrich Delmonico! Bless you all!

Hippie Chick said...

And there are more...William (Bill) Johnson (brother of Whitnie Thompson)! Shuny Palmisano https://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2204544194&topic=2258 and John Palmisano (Late Great Uncles)

Hippie Chick said...

Suzi Parker Devoe!

Anonymous said...

You can leave a comment under anonymous...just sign your name after your comment.. Hippie Chick :)